Claiming refunds from an airline could be a test of the airline’s customer care efficiency. Given the highly competitive nature of the industry and the power of social media, airlines today cannot ignore the impact of a dissatisfied customer on the airline’s business. This makes it necessary for airlines to have refund experience as a part of their customer care initiative. Airlines traditionally manage refunds in a fragmented way, without clear SLAs and updates for passengers. This results in customer dissatisfaction and a negative impact on the airline’s reputation.
Accelya’s Mozart is a comprehensive refund management service for airlines, delivered through a combination of proprietary tools, robust processes and trained staff. It helps airlines manage refunds in a centralised and professional manner according to service level agreements (SLAs). Airline staff and agents have real time information on refunds status, enabling them to provide instant updates to their customers. Passengers receive regular updates on refunds status via e-mail and text messages, resulting in customer satisfaction.
- Mozart handles refunds across all channels (web, call centre, ATOs, CTOs, and travel agents)
- Mozart integrates with airline websites to enable passengers to apply for self refunds
- The solution Inlcudes refund request interface, waiver module, refund status tracking facility and communications tool
- Regular updates are sent to passengers and agents on refunds status via e-mail and text messages
- Transparent refunds process, where the airlines are able to track status, review results and authorise refunds
- All refunds that are denied are supported by relevant explanation
- Mozart manages recall of commission by issuing ADMs to travel agents
- Web-based dispute management facility for travel agents
- Flexibility to integrate with different data sources and systems
- Credit card refund payment module that accepts major credit cards and is linked to 34 multi-currency acquirers and card companies
- Over 200 trained and experienced staff handling the refund processes at multiple locations across the world
- Refunds are processed in a PCI DSS-compliant environment
- Secure IT infrastructure and robust BCP-DR